Blast away dirt with abrasive blasting services
HMG’s state-of-the art blasting and painting enclosure is capable of handling any size job from large scale fixed plant equipment down to small components.
Abrasive blasting projects highly compressed air and an abrasive agent (steel grit, sand or powdered abrasive) at high pressure to smooth a rough surface, roughen a smooth surface or literally “blast away” any paint, dirt or surface contaminants. This preparation allows for a better application of protective coatings and paint, and is one of the most economical and effective methods of combating corrosion, chemical attack and wear.
Our extensive range of inspection benches enables HMG to safely and efficiently disassemble and inspect your equipment. For every job, we follow a detailed disassembly, inspection and specification procedure before aligning the most appropriate engineering solution to your cost and time parameters.
- Garnet blasting room with non-recoverable medium 7,000mm wide and 6,000mm long.
- Bead blasting room 3,000mm wide and 6,000mm long.
- Hydraulic spanner capability to 276K ft/lbs torque and 450mm across flats.
- Mobile torque spanners up to 10,500 ft/lbs torque.
- 8 x hydraulic cylinder inspection benches with capacity up to 16,000mm long.
- 200 tonne hydraulic rod press.
Contact us to get a quote
Get in touch with us today to learn about how our blasting, stripping and inspection services to improve your uptime and bottom line
Related Case Studies
HMG’s customer Newcrest Mining had an ongoing issue with OEM manufactured hydraulic cylinder eye cores cracking during operation on their excavators.